Wounds, Scars, Stretch Marks?
Scars usually result from trauma of some kind (surgery, accident, disease) and are a natural part of the healing process. A normal scar usually develops during the first 48 hours after wound closure and fades within 3 to 12 months. Various factors can interfere with and alter the wound-healing process, causing an “overhealing” or continuation of the scarring process. As a result, an abnormal scar develops. The abnormal scar may grow bigger, fail to fade, restrict the movement of a joint, cause discomfort, itching or pain.
Abnormal scars may cause distress because of their appearance. Some may learn to accept their scar, but many never forget it. It is widely accepted by psychologists that proactively treating to reduce the visibility of a scar can actually help boost self-esteem.
Stratamed - Open Wound Scar Gel
Stratamed is a breakthrough treatment that can actually be used on non epithelialised wounds - this basically means wounds where the skin has not yet healed over the top of the broken surface. This product is great because it can work to heal the skin before the scarring process even begins, allowing the skin to repair much better than it would have otherwise. Other products can often not be applied until after the wound has fully closed, which can take weeks - Stratamed has changed all that. This is a great product to have on hand or have ready for use in the early days of a wound.
Strataderm Scar Therapy Gel - The Next-Generation Scar Therapy Gel
Strataderm is a silicone gel that is applied in a thin layer to the affected skin to form a self-drying, transparent, flexible and gas-permeable silicone gel sheet that adheres to the skin. This ensures a constant contact time to the entire surface of the scar allowing it to work 24 hours a day. Strataderm is ideal for any irregular skin/scar surfaces, the face, moving parts such as joints, and any size of scar. It can be used on both new and old scars.
The advanced formulation of Strataderm has been developed using new silicone technology that has superior durability, skin-feel and drying time. The non-sticky, odourless formulation does not lead to secondary side-effects such as maceration, rashers, pruritus and infection and is therefore suitable for children and people with sensitive skin.
Strataderm scar therapy gel:
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
How to use Strataderm:
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry
- Apply a very thin layer and allow to dry (3-4 minutes)
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, and maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours/day)
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts
Strataderm is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer. Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
Stratamark – Stretchmark Treatment
Stratamark is the third really effective product from Stratpharma and is specifically designed to assist in softening and flattening stretch marks. It is particularly effective when used for the following applications:
- Prevents stretch marks during pregnancy and growth spurts
- Prevents stretch marks caused by weight gain/loss or bodybuilding
- Softens and flattens stretch marks
- Reduces redness and discoloration associated with stretch marks
- Relieves the itching and discomfort of stretch marks
One of our favourite features of Stratamark is that it contains no alcohol, fragrances or parabens, which makes it suitable for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, children and people with sensitive skin.